So what exactly is a smart city? And where do new technologies come in? What makes a town smart and hip A number of elements can be considered characteristic of a smart city or “city 2.0”: smart street furniture, as seen in Paris, Wi-Fi hotspots, town planning schemes with a focus on the environment and quality of life, or new, ultra-connected towns such as New Songdo in South Korea. The role of new technologies Mobile solutions, connectivity, smart grids, smart objects, automatic transport management, open data: all these technology trends are combining to transform towns as we know them....Read More
Month: May 2012
From 29 May to mid-July, Econocom is running an advertising campaign in the French press. Econocom’s message to the decision-makers This advertising campaign, which targets businesses who wish to benefit from new digital technologies without the hassles of implementing and managing them, is running in the printed press only, including the national daily newspapers, news and economic magazines and trade press. “This photo campaign is a first for Econocom. The visual elements are designed to appeal to the reader through a positive image and a very simple message. This advertisement reflects our competitive differentiation and our view of the...Read More
In terms of ground-breaking experiences and nationwide implementation, e-health varies considerably from country to country. The first experiments in the US Despite being considerably driven by the advent of ICT, telemedicine was not a 21st-century invention: the very first remote consultation via a 2-voice interactive television was carried out in the USA in the late 1950s in psychiatry. Around the same time in Canada, a remote radiology diagnosis was carried out by sending the X-rays via coax cable. Other significant examples include the role of space programmes in remote healthcare monitoring and, in particular, NASA’s innovations in monitoring the...Read More
Marc Julien will be in charge of investigating and implementing new external growth transactions in all the countries in which the Group operates. Geographical, business and service acquisition projects “For a number of years now, our mixed growth strategy has combined organic growth with acquisitions. With Marc Julien on board, we will now be able to look into more acquisition opportunities, both geographically and in terms of business, particularly in the services sector, where we intend to expand and enhance our expertise”, says Jean‐Louis Bouchard, Chairman of Econocom. Marc will work closely with the Group’s Managing Directors, Jean-Philippe Roesch...Read More
After experimenting with a beta version in the academic world, Microsoft has now officially launched its new media sharing application to the general public. Microsoft So.cl: more than just another social network It may be yet another social network, but So.cl (pronounced “social”) broadens the concept of web search result sharing via Bing and “video parties”, i.e. sharing videos online with a group of people and having discussions on them. So.cl thus combines the advantages of all the existing popular tools such as Facebook, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest and Twitter in terms of information sharing and comments on various topics,...Read More
- Erasing your device, blocking your SIM card: how to be prepared when your phone gets stolen
- Touch tablets in the classroom: what are the advantages?
- Coopetition: if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em
- #BIM: Bringing a “sea change to the industry’s workflow”
- Wanted: #BigData Specialists
- #SmartBuilding and BMS: a little glossary
- 3 qualities to be an #entrepreneur According to J-L Bouchard: boldness, creativity and agility https://t.co/VpdKENyn2H #Digitalforallnow 18 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #digitaltransformation cannot succeed unless it's carried out by every department https://t.co/Ov3stzPVHw #Digitalforallnow 1 day ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “Being an entrepreneur is an incredible opportunity.” Jean-Louis Bouchard, Chairman of@Econocom https://t.co/VpdKENyn2H #Digitalforallnow 1 day ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 2016: The Year of #VirtualReality with #YouTube and #Facebook https://t.co/K5xBWInJS8 #Digitalforallnow https://t.co/W3F9nL5AVd 2 days ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “It’s our duty to be entrepreneurs.” Interview with Jean-Louis Bouchard, Chairman of @Econocom https://t.co/VpdKENyn2H #Digitalforallnow 2 days ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #Virtualreality going from strength to strength in the enterprise world https://t.co/prH7i3KZ5g #Digitalforallnow https://t.co/nb5QyqX3Ad 2 days ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Here's how @hcfaustralia approached #digitaltransformation https://t.co/31J1uBBd5c #Digitalforallnow 2 days ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Econocom has been accredited to host confidential healthcare data https://t.co/ctYfH1w7e8 3 days ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
Econocom designs, finances and oversees companies’ digital transformation.
With over 9,000 employees in 19 countries and revenue in excess of €2.3 billion, Econocom has all the requisite abilities to ensure the successful implementation of large-scale digital projects: consulting, sourcing and technology management & financing of digital assets, infrastructure, application and business solution services, and project financing.
The Econocom Group share (BE0974266950 - ECONB) has been listed on the Euronext NYSE in Brussels since 1986 and is part of the BelMid index.