Cloud computing is predicted to generate some 2.7 million jobs in EMEA at year-end 2015, particularly in the Communications/Media and Banking industries. Job creation by region According to a survey commissioned by Microsoft from IDC, the growth of cloud computing will result in no less than 255,000 jobs being created in Germany, 227,000 in the UK, and 189,000 in France between 2012 and 2015. These figures are extremely encouraging for future IT professionals in Europe, although the biggest areas for job creation will be emerging markets such as China and India, (an estimated 6.8 million jobs). The United States...Read More
Month: March 2012
The new iPad boasts some major advantages in terms of professional applications and mobile device management. A major asset for enterprises: back-end applications and Mobile Device Management The new iPad, which hit the shelves on 14 March in 13 countries, was snapped up by armies of iPad Addicts, some of whom queued for 24 or 36 hours outside Apple Stores. However, according to the IT media, the new tablet was received with decidedly less enthusiasm than the iPads 1 and 2 or the iPhone 4S. Yet despite a comparatively lukewarm reception in the consumer market, specialists have noted a...Read More
A year ahead of schedule, Econocom has already exceeded the two main targets fixed as part of the Horizon 2012 plan (€1 billion revenue and €60 million recurring operating profit). Record operational performance Consolidated revenue stood at €1.58 billion, compared with €1.02 billion in 2010, ahead of the guidance of €1.4 billion set at the beginning of the year. On a like-for-like basis, (the 2010 figures take into account 3 months of ECS’ activity compared with 12 months in 2011), growth was up 5%. Recurring operating profit (before amortisation of the ECS customer portfolio, €2 M/year) stood at €66.6...Read More
4G LTE enabled, with optimised power and an HD display, the new iPad is a vastly improved version of the iPad 2. And the new iPad is called…the new iPad The name was perhaps the biggest surprise of Apple’s recent unveiling of its new iPad, when Steve Jobs’ successor, Tim Cook, finally dispelled all the rumours concerning the name (iPad 3, iPad HD, etc). New features Apple focused its efforts on the new tablet’s photo, video and gaming capabilities: An HD Retina display with 2048 x 1536 resolution, (compared with 1024 x 768 pixels for the iPad 2) An...Read More
Tablets: quad-core and multitasking capabilities to stand out from Apple At the MWC 2012, tablet manufacturers took advantage of Apple’s absence to assert their competitive edge. A challenger for the iPad? In an attempt to oust Apple, manufacturers are focusing on state-of-the-art technology and some novelties: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, a Galaxy Note smartphone but with a 10.1-inch tablet-format screen, multi-screen capabilities, and its S Pen functionality. Huawei MediaPad FHD: the very first tablet with a quad-core processor, designed for optimal multimedia entertainment. Will the mini tablet catch on? In terms of screen size, although 10.1” has become standard, some...Read More
- Erasing your device, blocking your SIM card: how to be prepared when your phone gets stolen
- Touch tablets in the classroom: what are the advantages?
- Coopetition: if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em
- #BIM: Bringing a “sea change to the industry’s workflow”
- Wanted: #BigData Specialists
- #SmartBuilding and BMS: a little glossary
- #digitaltransformation cannot succeed unless it's carried out by every department https://t.co/Ov3stzPVHw #Digitalforallnow 19 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “Being an entrepreneur is an incredible opportunity.” Jean-Louis Bouchard, Chairman of@Econocom https://t.co/VpdKENyn2H #Digitalforallnow 1 day ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 2016: The Year of #VirtualReality with #YouTube and #Facebook https://t.co/K5xBWInJS8 #Digitalforallnow https://t.co/W3F9nL5AVd 1 day ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “It’s our duty to be entrepreneurs.” Interview with Jean-Louis Bouchard, Chairman of @Econocom https://t.co/VpdKENyn2H #Digitalforallnow 1 day ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #Virtualreality going from strength to strength in the enterprise world https://t.co/prH7i3KZ5g #Digitalforallnow https://t.co/nb5QyqX3Ad 1 day ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Here's how @hcfaustralia approached #digitaltransformation https://t.co/31J1uBBd5c #Digitalforallnow 1 day ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Econocom has been accredited to host confidential healthcare data https://t.co/ctYfH1w7e8 2 days ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #EdTech : Can #AI fix education? Answers with Bill Gates https://t.co/9ZjcE2RIad #Digitalforallnow 2 days ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
Econocom designs, finances and oversees companies’ digital transformation.
With over 9,000 employees in 19 countries and revenue in excess of €2.3 billion, Econocom has all the requisite abilities to ensure the successful implementation of large-scale digital projects: consulting, sourcing and technology management & financing of digital assets, infrastructure, application and business solution services, and project financing.
The Econocom Group share (BE0974266950 - ECONB) has been listed on the Euronext NYSE in Brussels since 1986 and is part of the BelMid index.