Econocom posted annual consolidated revenue of €1.580 billion (compared to €1.021 billion in 2010), well ahead of its annual target of €1.4 billion. An original positioning and commercial synergies The group benefited from its original positioning, covering the whole spectrum of the ICT infrastructure value chain. This good performance is due to sales synergies resulting from the integration of ECS, which the group acquired in October 2010, and the continuing development of new offerings to anticipate and address businesses’ requirements. Good performance across the group’s areas of businesses The leasing business (IT Financial Services) benefited from ECS’ contribution and...Read More
Month: January 2012
What are 11-24 year-olds, who grew up with computers, the internet, mobile phones and MP3 players, into? A survey conducted in France by KantarMedia* reveals all. The “digital natives” are hyper-connected 60% use the internet several times a day (compared with 56% of people aged 25 and over). 22% own a smartphone (10% of 25 +). 40% log onto the internet using a smartphone (17% of 25+). 4% log onto the internet using a tablet (1.6 % of 25+). Facebook is at the centre of their social life 75% of 11-24-year-olds are members of a social network. 73% use Facebook. 25% sign up...Read More
51% of staff and IT managers with an iPad worldwide use it at work. iPad use at work worldwide According to a survey by IDG Connect, over 50% of professionals with iPads use them at work. On a global scale, use of iPads at work is the most prevalent in Africa and South America (in joint first position at 70%), followed by North America and Europe (33%). According to the IDG survey, 79% of respondents always use their tablets when travelling, whilst 8% of those who only use it at home do so for professional purposes. Bring Your Own...Read More
When will Microsoft Office be available for iPads? Maybe this spring. But in the meantime, there are alternatives…. iPad and Microsoft Office: a match made in heaven? Since autumn 2011 there have been rumours about a version of the Office suite for iPad users being launched. Microsoft has yet to confirm the rumour, but in the meantime, 2 other software vendors have beat them to it. CloudOn is an application for iOS which can run cloud-hosted Office documents, allowing iPad users to create, view and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint files in the cloud. The documents are stored on...Read More
Google, Yahoo, Facebook and Microsoft with its Bing browser will be adopting IPv6 next June. The new protocol becomes official “One small step for mankind, one giant step for the internet”: this sums up the impact of 6 June 2012 rather well. The shortage of IPv4 addresses, which was officially announced a year ago, has prompted the major internet and web players to migrate to the new address protocol. After a global-scale 24-hour trial of the new IPv6 address protocol, sponsored by the Internet Society in June 2011, in which the major web players took part, the “World IPv6 Launch...Read More
- Erasing your device, blocking your SIM card: how to be prepared when your phone gets stolen
- Touch tablets in the classroom: what are the advantages?
- #BIM: Bringing a “sea change to the industry’s workflow”
- Coopetition: if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em
- #SmartBuilding and BMS: a little glossary
- Let there be light! And let it be smart
- Chat to your insurance company on Facebook Messenger? That’s what AXA’s clients do https://t.co/ulgYMJYKvN #Digitalforallnow 57 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #EdTech: “Students need to understand the digital world” https://t.co/u6mnp84v0p #Digitalforallnow 2 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No Industry Can Afford to Ignore Artificial Intelligence https://t.co/sRRcrRB0OL #Digitalforallnow 4 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- AXA well established in its clients’ Facebook Messenger @switchbyaxa https://t.co/HTgICrK9Ie #Digitalforallnow 8 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #Customerrelations: AXA now talks to its clients via Facebook Messenger https://t.co/HTgICrK9Ie #Digitalforallnow 23 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #DigitalSchools: tablets are great, but it’s better if you actually know how to use them! https://t.co/u6mnp84v0p #Digitalforallnow 1 day ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #digitaltransformation: How #CIOs can guide digital business transformation https://t.co/wSVb1O7F0t #Digitalforallnow 1 day ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #Digital programme for schools: how’s it coming along? https://t.co/u6mnp84v0p #Digitalforallnow https://t.co/p7F2E8X7Yd 2 days ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
Econocom designs, finances and oversees companies’ digital transformation.
With over 9,000 employees in 19 countries and revenue in excess of €2.3 billion, Econocom has all the requisite abilities to ensure the successful implementation of large-scale digital projects: consulting, sourcing and technology management & financing of digital assets, infrastructure, application and business solution services, and project financing.
The Econocom Group share (BE0974266950 - ECONB) has been listed on the Euronext NYSE in Brussels since 1986 and is part of the BelMid index.