The user-driven consumerisation trend and the various technological and financial restrictions IT departments are faced with are forcing CIOs to re-think the workstations in their organisations. Supported by Gartner’s research, Econocom’s publication outlines a strategy for transforming an organisation’s distributed IT infrastructure. Technology context, case studies, comparative budget analyses, etc This new report published by Econocom and including Gartner’s latest research offers CIOs planning IT infrastructure transformation projects overall guidelines for addressing workstation changes. Illustrated with various tables summarising and comparing data, the report focus on four main areas. 1- Taking technology trends onboard This part examines: The limitations...Read More
Month: November 2011
Multi-connected, multi-screen and multi-platform: the future of digital devices « Will the device be king? » This was the theme IDATE, one of Europe’s leading market analysis and consulting firms in the telecom, internet and media industries, chose for its annual conference, the DigiWorld Summit. This question reflects the increasing difficulty experienced by smartphone manufacturers to stand out from the competition. And the answer given during the various conferences won’t go very far to reassure them: as most recent smartphones – in terms of technical features – are pretty much the same, only a substantial drop in price will allow suppliers...Read More
New technology and optimal comfort: with the Xbox 360, Microsoft and Accor have revolutionised hotel rooms. A comfortable bed and state-of-the-art technology With 3120, at the Novotel Vaugirard Montparnasse, Novotel and Microsoft are taking the hotel experience into the future. So what exactly is it? A complete reinvention of the concept of space, with compact, intimate areas , a “decompression chamber” between the outside world and the “spacious sensorial environment”, state-of-the-art design, and a range of digital technology at your fingertips. A 100% digital experience Central to this revolutionary concept and to the partnership between the Accord group hotel...Read More
A €9.2 billion fund is to be made available by the European Commission for digital infrastructures and services. High-speed broadband for everyone The European Commission is launching a major €50 bn funding programme to boost European networks in the transport, energy and IT and telecoms sectors. IT and telecommunications will benefit from €9.2 bn in an attempt to “support investment in fast and very fast broadband networks and pan–European digital services.” The targets of this “digital strategy for Europe” include broadband of over 30 megabits per second for everyone, and enabling 50% of households to subscribe to ultra-fast broadband of...Read More
24 Nov 2011 | 0 |
From reducing travel expenses and CO² to saving time, videoconferencing has undeniable benefits. Videoconferencing: fast ROI Around 22.4 million tonnes of CO² a year (around 29 million flights from London to New-York) could be saved if 20% of business travel were replaced by remote communication exchanges, according to the WWF. Quite apart from the environmental considerations, any calculations for investing in a videoconferencing solution should also take into account the potential savings in terms of travel expenses and productivity gains for the company resulting from optimised organisation and increased employee presence. Industry experts agree that the budget for a...Read More
- Erasing your device, blocking your SIM card: how to be prepared when your phone gets stolen
- Touch tablets in the classroom: what are the advantages?
- #BIM: Bringing a “sea change to the industry’s workflow”
- Coopetition: if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em
- #SmartBuilding and BMS: a little glossary
- Let there be light! And let it be smart
- #Digital programme for schools: how’s it coming along? https://t.co/u6mnp84v0p #Digitalforallnow https://t.co/p7F2E8X7Yd 17 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) Telecom: €10.5 million to improve digital infrastructures https://t.co/GExR0PKNwN #Digitalforallnow 1 day ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Innovation at Decathlon : “Pushing back boundaries so the company can move forward faster” https://t.co/bWX0xFMnzb #Digitalforallnow 1 day ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 3 qualities to be an #entrepreneur According to J-L Bouchard: boldness, creativity and agility https://t.co/VpdKENyn2H #Digitalforallnow 2 days ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “Data security is all about informing people and encouraging responsible user behaviour.” https://t.co/YNbdW110ZX #Digitalforallnow 2 days ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Le Village by CA: a place where innovation is born! https://t.co/27Zdh3gG0i #Digitalforallnow https://t.co/nAn0pDzWPI 3 days ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “It’s our duty to be entrepreneurs.” Interview with Jean-Louis Bouchard, Chairman of @Econocom https://t.co/VpdKENyn2H #Digitalforallnow 3 days ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Could “ethical” hackers be the solution to IoT security? https://t.co/YNbdW110ZX #Digitalforallnow https://t.co/QIpxjiMDVB 4 days ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
Econocom designs, finances and oversees companies’ digital transformation.
With over 9,000 employees in 19 countries and revenue in excess of €2.3 billion, Econocom has all the requisite abilities to ensure the successful implementation of large-scale digital projects: consulting, sourcing and technology management & financing of digital assets, infrastructure, application and business solution services, and project financing.
The Econocom Group share (BE0974266950 - ECONB) has been listed on the Euronext NYSE in Brussels since 1986 and is part of the BelMid index.