Thanks to NFC and RFID technologies, communicating objects are becoming more widely available and M2M (Machine to Machine communication) is becoming accessible to everyone. NFC: virtual credit cards Near Field Communication is a wireless communication technology that allows data to be exchanged between two different devices at a short range (no more than a few centimeters away) between a mobile terminal (after approval from the user) and a receiver. As one of the leading technologies in the next generation of mobile phones, NFC is set eventually to replace credit cards for financial transactions. The technology has already been tested in...Read More
Month: March 2011
Due to its impact on both IT departments and the software provider and vendor market, cloud computing has become the number-one preoccupation for analysts and advisory firms. Cloud computing as seen by Gartner At the end of 2010, Gartner singled out cloud computing from its list of top ten strategic technologies over the next three years. Its predictions focused on certain trends linked to virtualisation: private or public cloud, the development of packaged offers, services, best practices, and the emergence of new teams dedicated to cloud management and decision-making within companies. The impact of cloud computing on suppliers...Read More
The mobile marketing boom is only just beginning – but what a promising beginning. Geolocation and value-add services have provided endless sources of creativity for M-marketers. New purchasing habits “Anywhere, anytime” are the watchwords of mobile marketing strategies. Generating traffic and new purchase intentions at sales outlets or locally and building customer loyalty are among the more successful methods. In terms of consumer benefits, the advantage of “push marketing” is that it saves them from having to hunt for the right address, the right deals, information or service: all this data is delivered right to them, depending on their location...Read More
After 3 Econocom employees went on volunteer missions in 2010 to Vietnam, Cambodia and the Philippines, in February of this year Eliseo Di Nicolo spent 2 weeks teaching CIST students in Phnom Penh. Arriving at CIST First thing on a Monday morning, after a 14-hour flight and jet-lag, I received a warm welcome from the CIST, (Center for Information Systems Training) opened by Passerelles Numériques in Phnom Penh in 2005. Without further ado, after a tour of the classrooms, we started working on the schedule for the lessons I was to give. From the very first moment, from the...Read More
- Erasing your device, blocking your SIM card: how to be prepared when your phone gets stolen
- Touch tablets in the classroom: what are the advantages?
- Coopetition: if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em
- #BIM: Bringing a “sea change to the industry’s workflow”
- Wanted: #BigData Specialists
- #SmartBuilding and BMS: a little glossary
- How does @NUMAparis help companies innovate? https://t.co/n9O2m0nOa3 #Digitalforallnow https://t.co/hSzB84kSO5 1 day ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “Innovation arises from a combination of different viewpoints” #VillagebyCA https://t.co/27Zdh3gG0i #Digitalforallnow 1 day ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Digital transformation: Five key tenets of a digital leader https://t.co/CmAfGkuXPI #Digitalforallnow 1 day ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A guided tour of the #VillagebyCA with @FabriceMarsella: https://t.co/27Zdh3gG0i #Digitalforallnow #Innovation #Startups 2 days ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Le Village by CA: a place where innovation is born! https://t.co/27Zdh3gG0i #Digitalforallnow https://t.co/QkgZdzpQOB 2 days ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Are #cybersecurity risks deterring digitalization? https://t.co/aYOonCkjDX #Digitalforallnow 2 days ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “You learn more from failures than success.” J-L Bouchard, Chairman of Econocom https://t.co/VpdKENyn2H #Digitalforallnow 3 days ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "set up a company without any difficulties is idealistic.” J-L Bouchard, Chairman of Econocom https://t.co/VpdKENyn2H #Digitalforallnow 4 days ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
Econocom designs, finances and oversees companies’ digital transformation.
With over 9,000 employees in 19 countries and revenue in excess of €2.3 billion, Econocom has all the requisite abilities to ensure the successful implementation of large-scale digital projects: consulting, sourcing and technology management & financing of digital assets, infrastructure, application and business solution services, and project financing.
The Econocom Group share (BE0974266950 - ECONB) has been listed on the Euronext NYSE in Brussels since 1986 and is part of the BelMid index.